Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Madness

It was a crazy but fun weekend at the Huff Home. Friday we hosted a parents drop by and hung out with some friends/youth staff until late. We watched as an SUV drove up and down our street looking for their lost puppy. We thought about helping but figured the reward wasn't high enough yet.

Saturday Margie's Dad and friend Sandy came down from Kentucky. Carol and I rearranged the living room and rerouted the satellite coax to the other side of the room. Thankfully Carol opted to get under the house and crawl through the space. The entire process took about 5 hours but it was worth it to have more space in our living room.

Sunday we had church and then hosted a youth 2:42 small group at our home. We ended up with 28 young people so our small group was kind of a large group.

Since we spent the weekend working and spending time with friends and family I found myself missing my wife. Tonight I have a baby sitter scheduled and Margie and I are going to dinner and a movie. We are between Benjamin Button and Seven Pounds. Either way, Septembers will be our choice for dinner.

No comments: