Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Schedule

Every morning we wake unsure of what we will be forced to endure. We schedule our day as if we have some control over how it will go. We are reminded how helpless we are when something comes up and throws us into a tail spin. However, we forge onward, planning, plotting, and scheduling hoping that the day will go without a hitch.

Some people are completely thrown off when things do not go as planned. I use to be that guy, now I have learned to roll with the punches. Well, I am rarely that cavalier about it but I am learning. In reality it is tough to deal with the problems a day can bring.

Lately it feels as though a lot of Margie and My days are being thrown off. We find ourselves toe to toe with the unknown more frequently. This wouldn’t normally be a problem but back-to-back blows are tough to recover from. At some point you just wonder, “When the hits are going to stop coming my way.”

The Religious person would say, “The devil is out after you.” The super religious person would say, “You are in sin and God’s hand is not on your family.” The practical person says, “Such is life.” Margie and I, we are somewhere in the middle of it all. We know God is watching out for us and it is His strength in which we walk.

While at Vanderbilt’s Children’s ER I realized, we are blessed. That facility if packed full of children with disabilities and diseases we can not begin to understand. God has us in His sights and is watching out for us. Regardless of what comes our way, we remain faithful to Him.

2 comments:

Margie said...

When I'm stressed, why can't you be this guy instead of Mr. Fit It?

Jane said...

David, Now I remember why I always thought so highly of you. You are very wise. This was a lovely post.