Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bored people are boring


I read a quote the other day that said, “If you are bored then you are boring.” My life is far from boring. In fact, it has been a long time since I have even thought I could potentially become bored, even when I have time to sit around and do nothing I find something to do.

This past weekend my wife went home to Kentucky to visit her family. Though I always miss my wife and son dearly, I use my time away from them to bond with friends. Saturday night me and some good friends drove down to east Nashville to a place called The Family Wash. None of us had been before so it was a little disconcerting when we had to drive through some ruff neighborhoods. However, when we arrived we all said collectively, “this place is going to be great!” That night the five of us took in the music, culture, and great comfort which made The Family Wash the hippest place I have been in some time. I will be going back for sure. But as I sat there listening to two guy’s bang out chords on old beat up guitars I realized God has blessed me with an interesting life.

My wifeless weekend has come and gone. Hanging out with friends helps pass the time but I was not cut out to be a bachelor. Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting the return of my wife and son.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Oh, you are such a sweet husband.

P.S. I love you. ha ha ha ha